Rage and Redemption
The RA/6-3 virus: note the viable nucleus, indicating a live, currently-inactive cell.
- The most common type of zombie is the standard victim of RA/6-3 otherwise known as a “Rage” zombie, or ‘Romeo’; not too hard to kill and stupid but they do tend to travel in large to very large groups (30-300), resistant to fire (not immune), easy to avoid sometimes.
- Another kind, the ‘Einstein’ is much faster and more intelligent, have been known to climb fences, use simple tools and weapons, even set traps for the living; they are a little harder to kill and completely immune to flames, however, and as many as 100 can be in any given group…
- The Romeo‘s fire-resistance is due to the decaying nature of the zombie flesh,( the Einstein’s are completely immune) fire sputtering to a stop soon after lighting.
- Viral spread is via any fluid contact or successful hit by the zombie, taking only 3-30 minutes to effect the change; many succumb to the virus, only the most hardy having any chance to resist. Bites have proven to be more virulent, harder to resist than a simple claw attack.
- Electricity has proven particularly effective, cutting off all motor activity for a period of up to 6 hours; it should be noted that the zombie is not destroyed, merely stunned, but vulnerable to attack/capture. Einsteins have proven to be somewhat resistant to electricity, only being slowed unless continuous voltage is applied.
…some, living/venturing nearer to the heavily irradiated areas have reported seeing ‘glowing man-shaped hulks, shambling at high speed’ after those unfortunates who venture too near the clouds…none have been encountered by the living…
…until now! A recent encounter as reported to ACAF Command indicates that these Glowsticks are more resilient than usual, possibly even regenerating small-arms damage, and able to direct the actions of Romeos and Einsteins nearby…
- Rumours have filtered in to the outpost/settlements nearby of armed (!) and organized bands of Einsteins in the farthest northern territories and settlements, some even saying that settlements are being over-run…(Stella was in one of these settlements…she doesn’t remember seeing anything like this though…)